There are two learning opportunities coming up in the next two weeks.
This week, Classlink is hosting a webinar on March 19 with New York school district technology leaders on Ed Law 2-d. If your district is already using ClassLink, this may be very valuable information for you. If you are using something else, it may still be valuable, but keep in mind they will be talking about the ClassLink product.
Webinar: Five district’s secret weapons and successful processes for NYS Ed. Law 2D compliance using ClassLink!
Thursday, March 19, 2020
9:00 am – 10:15 am EST
Register here: https://www.classlink.com/events/webinar-ed-law
Presenters and Panel:
- Shelley Rossitto, Former Technology Director, Monticello School Districts
- Dr. Ailene Cavaliere, Coordinator of Instructional Technology & CIO, Lindenhurst UFSD
- Rob Zdrojewski, Director of Technology, Oakfield-Alabama School District
- Reanna Fulton, Director of Technology, West Islip School District
- Dan DeMarco, Project Manager, ClassLink
- Bob Chappell, VP Instructional Technology, ClassLink
- Patrick Devanney, VP Interoperability, ClassLink
- Single Sign-On – a tool to manage access to digital assets through a private district portal
- Roster Server – rostering, data reporting and improving data security and activity audit trails using the industry-standard OneRoster
- New tools & workflows to managing security agreements and 2D compliance, along with adding structure the on-boarding process of digital material
- OneSync – greater responsiveness and security by automating the creation and deactivation of network accounts
- Public Portal – facilitating the transparency of your digital landscape with community stakeholders
Next week, WXXI Education is hosting a free environmental-themed educator open house (Inventing Green Open House) on Wednesday, March 25 from 4-7 p.m. at WXXI Studios. It is open to any educator working with 2nd – 8th graders (8-13 years old). Educators can include: classroom teachers, after-school and out-of-school staff, librarians… There will be free learning materials, giveaways, prizes, local community partners, resources from PBS KIDS Design Squad Global, and more! The event is free but registration is required.
Options for sharing:
- Web link — https://www.wxxi.org/highlights/2020/03/inventing-green-educator-open-house
- FB event — https://www.facebook.com/events/243757256791008/
- Registration link — http://bit.ly/DSGEducatorOpenHouse