We’re currently looking for poster sessions and breakout sessions for this one day conference, being held May 22nd from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm at the SUNY College at Brockport.
We’re looking for poster sessions featuring research projects from both high school and first year college level that represent a wide range of student experiences.
We’re also looking for breakout sessions on all topics related to student success, such as:
- First generation college students
- Scaffolding instructional sessions for classes with a range of research skill levels
- Teaching strategies
- How college culture and research/classroom learning come together
- Student resilience & self-advocacy
- Preparing for college level writing in all its modalities
- Crosswalking information literacy standards and frameworks (AASL & ACRL)
- Helping English language learners achieve success
- Thinking inclusively & universal design
- Information literacy and its connection to critical thinking
- Digital citizenship
- Supporting the whole student (social emotional learning)
- How public libraries support high school & college students
- OTHER TOPICS – SUBMIT YOUR IDEA
Use this form to submit your idea for a poster session or breakout session (or both!). Please submit one form for each session that you want to present if proposing multiple sessions.
Deadline to submit is Friday, March 15th. Accepted session will be notified no later than Friday, March 29th.
A full conference program will be available the week of April 11th.
Registration is also open for this full-day conference where you’ll have the opportunity to learn from your colleagues as we talk about ways to help our students successfully transition from high school to college. This conference will feature breakouts, panels, and poster sessions, with plenty of time for one-on-one conversations and making connections with educators from around the region.
*Registration is hosted by Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES MyLearningPlan. If registering from an institution not listed under District/Institution please select “Other, Not on List” and then type in the institution under Building/Division. – If you have any questions, contact Jim Belair (email@example.com)