Did you know that Monroe One BOCES School Library System offers librarians a chance to try out different learning kits?
We offer these through a program called We Buy It, You Try It. Over the course of the next few days/weeks, we’ll use this blog platform to highlight some of our learning kits and show you how to borrow them.
*Some of these may require training in advance, so be sure you contact Liesl to schedule some time together, or attend one of our regularly held workshops if available.
A list of kits is available in our SLS LibGuide on a page called “Physical Library” under the Home tab. This page lists our kits, as well as the kits available through the Model Schools service.
Some things to know:
- All of our districts are able to borrow the Model Schools kits. These are available to teachers and librarians alike, as Model Schools serves all educators in the building.
- Our SLS kits are only available to school librarians. We purchase these for research and development purposes specifically for librarians. We lend these so that librarians can test out a kit before deciding to spend their library budget on it. We also hope that it will encourage collaboration between teachers and librarians.
- Instructions for borrowing these kits are at the bottom of the LibGuide page.
- If you have something you’d like to try that we don’t have, let us know. While we can’t promise, we may be able to purchase it.
- If you have any technical difficulties, contact Liesl or Sally.