Tomorrow is Annual Library Advocacy Day! Each year library advocates from across NYS convene in Albany to voice support for funding and policies that benefit libraries. We know that if you’re not already scheduled to go, you probably can’t get out to go to Albany tomorrow. BUT there are things you can do from home!
- Call your legislator’s office
- Tell him or her how important your library is to the community and its voting citizens
- Tell him or her that increased funding for libraries and School Library Systems is ESSENTIAL and CRITICAL
- Use NYLA’s advocacy tools to help you shape your personal message
- Join in virtually! Post to your Facebook wall, Tweet about Library Aid, or add a button to your library’s website.
See NYLA’s Advocacy Day Website: https://www.nyla.org/library-advocacy-day/?menukey=advocacy