The UN has a series of Sustainable Development Goals for the health of our future. These include:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-Being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
To meet these goals, they have developed a number of plans. These include the ActNow Campaign – supporting climate action, the Be the Change Initiative – which includes a Be the Change Challenge Toolkit, and, my personal favorite, the Lazy Person’s Guide to Saving the World. This guide lays out four different levels of action.
Level 1: Things you can do from your couch.
Level 2: Things you can do at home
Level 3: Things you can do outside your house
Level 4: Things you can do at work
To see details of what you can do at each of these levels, check out their website, or download and print out the .pdf.